As summer has come in and the weather has gotten a lot warmer, my face has gotten a lot more oily than it usually is. Unsurprisingly, I have been leaning towards longer-lasting products in my makeup routine. These are the 5 products I have been reaching for the most in the last few weeks:
1) Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: I use the shade Light Neutral, and when I initially got it, it was a tad bit dark on me, but as my skin is slowly going towards my summer shade, Light Neutral works great. It’s a full coverage concealer, so I use it to conceal the redness in my skin, and my dark circles, and does a great job for both. Having so much coverage allows me to go lighter on my foundation, which I am all for during the summer.
2) Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in Fair-Light Neutral is a product I bought as part of the 7-piece custom set promotion that they ran a few months ago, and I actually like this a lot more than I thought I would. I haven’t had the best experience with powder foundations in the past, so I was pleasantly surprised that I could build up the coverage with this and it still looks natural on the skin. It does start to look shiny on my skin after a few hours though, so I do set it with a setting powder. It feels lightweight on my skin though, which has sold the product to me.
3) Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder has been one of my holy grail products for many years. I have strayed away from it, but I always come back to it during the hottest parts of the summer. It isn’t the most finely milled powder, so sometimes you can look a bit cakey if you put too much on, but nothing compares to it in terms of keeping my foundation from melting off my face in the middle of summer.
4) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed – yes, I do realize this is the third Tarte product on this list, but this is another product I picked up in the 7-piece custom set promotion. It is a highly raved-about shade on YouTube, but I never really paid much attention to it until a friend of mine recommended it to me. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but on the face, it gives a wonderful, natural-looking flush to the skin, and it doesn’t quite last 12 hours, but it lasts through my work day, so I have no complaints.
5) ELF Baked Highligher in Moonlight Pearls is a beautiful shade that looks like a natural glow on my skin tone. It’s not the most pigmented highlighter, but I love the effect it gives me when used with a fluffy highlighter brush. I’ve been picking this one up over my Becca highlighters recently, which says a lot about how much I like this product.
There we have it, my quick and easy make-up routine for the beginning of summer.
Till next time,